Yes on A for Affordable Housing
Communications and Outreach Student Intern (Paid)
We are looking for highly motivated and responsible people to join the Yes on A for Affordable Housing campaign to alleviate homelessness and ensure affordable housing for all families, seniors, veterans and the most vulnerable members of our community.
Job Title: Communications and Outreach Intern
Compensation: $20 per hour
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week (including some evenings and weekends) until November 8, 2016.
Description: Under the direction of the senior campaign staff, interns will develop and execute a communications and outreach plan to inform and engage student voters on their campus. Such plan will include but not be limited to Measure A promotion and presentation before classrooms, student organizations, campus organizations and members of the student body, recruit volunteers for the campaign, and organize volunteer events.
- Utilize effective contact strategies and communication practices for voter engagement
- Promote Measure A through traditional and innovative communication channels
- Recruit volunteers and organize volunteer events to support Measure A
- Develop long lasting and meaningful relationships with community leaders and housing advocates throughout the County
- Be part of a skilled team of motivated individuals dedicated to ensuring affordable housing for all
- Conduct a minimum of 5 visibility events and/or presentations per week
- Attend a weekly staff meeting at campaign headquarters
- Current student at one of the following campuses: De Anza, Foothill, West Valley, Mission, Evergreen, Gavilan, San Jose City, Evergreen, San Jose State University
- Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin language ability strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Responsible, reliable and highly responsive to emails, text and phone calls
- Basic computer proficiency and familiarity with social media tools
- Willing to work some nights and weekends
- Have reliable transportation, access to a car is strongly preferred
Please send your resume to email@example.com