POSITION SUMMARY The Program Associate (PA) is a full-time non-exempt position reporting to the Program Director. The PA also works in coordination with the Executive Director (ED). The PA is the control center for Rebuilding Together Peninsula: serving as a hub for information for staff, volunteers, clients, and donors; providing oversight and direction for all office operations; and working in all three departments (program, development, and administration). The PA is also responsible for implementing Rebuilding Together Peninsula (RTP)’s year-round community outreach strategies, with a primary focus on generating interest in and applications for the National Rebuilding Day, Safe at Home, and other special programs. The PA works in collaboration with 8 other staff members and 2 AmeriCorps members to ensure the success of the National Rebuilding Day, Team Build, Safe at Home, and other year-round programs. RTP staff and volunteers work in a team-driven environment.
• Respond to incoming building visitors, phone calls, emails and letters.
• Develop, implement and maintain systems and strategies for making the office run smoothly, including but not limited to: pick up, open and distribute mail; make bank deposits; inventory, order and pick-up office supplies; coordinate pick-ups and deliveries; create and maintain up-to-date office filing; manage telephone system and postage machine
• Manage the office, including: computer and equipment purchasing, maintenance and back-up, establishing relationships with vendors, and general office purchasing, research and fulfillment
• Provide administrative support to Executive, Development and Program Directors
• Provide support to the part-time bookkeeper with credit card deposits, petty cash tracking, bill payments, credit card receipt collection and tracking, maintenance of vendor files, allocation of deposits and other related duties
• Maintain and manage database
• Process in-kind donor forms, check requests, and material and supply order forms as appropriate — both paper and online versions
• Manage correspondence with donors, Construction Captains, sponsors, Volunteer Coordinators, homeowners, city and county officials, suppliers and volunteers
• Planning, logistics and set-up for meetings and special events
• Support Board relations, meetings, activities and events
Client Relations/Community Outreach
• In coordination with the Program and Development Directors, develop and execute outreach strategy and materials to secure sufficient applications for all programs
• Coordinate applicant mailings to homeowners and community facilities throughout the year, including bulk mailings to referral agencies and prior applicants.
• Increase community awareness of RTP’s services by setting up presentations and meetings with referral organizations
• Develop relationships with other service providers to increase referral networks
• Process homeowner and community center applications for National Rebuilding Day, Safe at Home, Team Build and any special programs; follow-up with incomplete applications
• Confirm homeowner title and verify applicant qualifications – home ownership, residency, and income levels. Assist with police checks as needed.
• Participate in preview and review of potential projects
• Manage applicant and project databases
• Refer clients, as appropriate, to other services in the community
• Coordinate post-project follow-up with homeowners and community centers – obtaining client surveys, testimonials, “after” photos and referrals for future clients
Volunteer Development and Management
• Recruit skilled volunteers, volunteer groups, warehouse, office, outreach, and other special event volunteers to support organizational and program needs
• Serve as the initial contact for volunteer inquiries
• Forward interested volunteers to the appropriate staff person
• Train and manage office volunteers
• Prepare Construction Captain and Volunteer Coordinator handbooks, with input from other staff
• Assemble training and instructional manuals for various volunteer groups: previewers, runners, office, photographers, special event, etc.
• Prepare site maps and master site list
• Recruit and train NRD support volunteers
• Coordinate input of volunteer names into database
• Support PD, SAH Program Manager, and NRD Program Manager with volunteer appreciation events
• Oversee computer and network management
• Function as liaison with outsourced IT service-provider
• Ensure database timeliness and integrity, including oversight and training of office volunteers and new staff
• Manage mailing lists
• Coordinate and organize all data entry
• Coordinate input of volunteer names into database after National Rebuilding Day
• Assist with collection of in-kind donor forms for materials and labor used to support RTP programs.
• Support Dreams Happen (biennial children’s playhouse auction) and other special events
Other projects as assigned
• Commitment to serving low-income homeowners
• Impeccable organizational skills, significant attention to detail and follow-through, ability to work on multiple tasks in a growing and changing environment
• Self-starter, able to complete projects from start to finish
• Ability to work well with a diverse range of individuals from various ethnic, socio-economic, and living environments
• Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and maintain professional decorum under stress
• Strong communication skills with staff, volunteers, vendors, and clients
• Strong customer service mindset with effective and diplomatic, yet supportive communication style
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and desire to work with volunteers who provide and need varying levels of support
• Excellent writing skills
• Experience with accounting and bookkeeping
• Computer literacy with Macintosh-based Salesforce, Filemaker Pro, MS Office products, as well as online applications such as Constant Contact and SurveyMonkey.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights and weekends
• Spanish speaking a plus
• Education: College degree or commensurate experience
• Available to work on the last Saturday of April, National Rebuilding Day
Full-time, competitive salaried position ($30,000 – $40,000 DOE). Benefits package includes: medical, vision & dental insurance, vacation, sick leave and pension plan.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary history to: info@
or fax to: 650-366-9053
For information about the organization, visit www.
RTP will provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity or status as a veteran.