I. Call to order to start meeting by President Emily Ramos at 7:11 pm.
II. Welcomes and introductions
III. Guest speaker: Erica of SIREN
IV. Officer Reports
- President (Emily Ramos)
- Inter-club partnership the Democratic 21st Century Club.
- Political Director (Matt Savage)
- Vote on advocacy issue
- Motion to take a vote by Kieran K., seconded by Michael. Discussion on housing. Voted unanimously to approve housing.
- Secretary (Kathy Tran)
- Current events
- CDP Convention 2017 guide
- Job postings
- Feedback (pinning posts, ease of website)
IV. Old Business
- CDP Convention
V. New Business
- SB 16 Student Debt Bill Endorsement
- Motion: Emily R., Seconded by: Kathy T. Passes, unanimously
- ACA-10 Lowering voting Age Bill Endorsement
- Motion: Matt S., Seconded by: Andrae, Passed by 5 votes.
- What: Woman of the Year Ceremony hosted by Senator Bob Wieckowski
- Where: Berryessa library, 3355 Noble Avenue in San Jose
- When: March 30th, the ceremony will be from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
- Food and refreshments provided.
- Peter Allen:
- The City of San Jose Housing Dept is hiring
- Michael from PYD:
- PDC State of California Clean and Green Event
- March 26, 2016
- Where: Michaels at Shoreline
- National Heritage meeting
- When: 5:30 pm, 28th march
- Where: 70 west hedding
- Allen, representing Rep. Evan Low:
- What: Town hall
- When: April 1st, 9:30 – 11 am, sat
- Where: orchard city banquet hall
- Co-hosting with siren, planned parenthood
- Paul Escabar
- job listings at SVLG
- Motioned by Andrae, seconded by Kieran. Meeting adjourned at 8:47 pm.