A meeting of the Silicon Valley Young Democrats was called to order on February 23rd, 2015. President Alex Wara called the meeting to order at 7:10pm.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Speaker: Representative from ACLU – Board member Michael Chase
- Surveillance technology in local government
- ACLU Board member Chase would like to SVYD sign a letter of support. Jeff Cardenas made motion for SVYD to sign letter Amanda seconds motion. Motion passed.
- President (Alex Wara)
- Amendment to add to new business option for SVYD members to take optional survey regarding ones thought on Santa Clara County transportation which Working Partnerships is conducting. Juan makes motion for SVYD members to add to agenda Jeremy second it the motion passed.
- Please fill out the google doc in regards to conventions this year.
Agenda was approved unanimously.
- Membership Director (Emily Ramos)
- if you have not paid your membership please pay today.
- Women’s Leadership Committee Report
- No report
- Secretary (Juan M. Quinones
- Please give us your address we need your information for our records and give us pictures for our web.
- Treasurer (Joshua Barousse)
- Nothing to report.
- Political Director (Jeff Cardenas)
- Updated Club on San Jose District Council Seat 4 special election
- Old Business
- New Business
Motion passed for Candidate Tim Orozco to receive SVYD’s endorsement
Meeting adjourned at 9pm