Call to Order by Angel Martinez at 7:10 pm. Second by Mustafa Arshad.
Approval of Minutes
Erik P motions to approve minutes from 6/21/2021. Allie Hughes seconds. Unanimously approved.
- President Angel Martinez
- Vice President Alexander Gvatua
- Absent ( Family Emergency)
- Membership Director Allie Hughes
- Nothing to report
- Finance Director Ryan Globus
- VTA family support with working partners USA. They have a gofundme for each victim if anyone wants to donate.
- Political Director Mustafa Arshad
- Be on watch new endorsement committee for candidates
- Secretary Brenda Zendejas
- No report
- Board Elections
- Nomination for President: Mustafa Arshad Nominated Alexander Gvatua, second by Allie Hughes
- Nomination for Vice president: Mustafa Arshad Nominated Allie Hughes, Ali Sapirman seconded
- Nomination for Membership Director: Angel Martinez nominated Christophe LaBelle, Allie Hughes seconded
- Nomination for Finance Director: Ali Sapirman nominated Mustafa Arshad, Brenda Zendejas seconded
- Nomination for Director of Finance: Ali Sapirman nominated Ryan Globus, Allie Hughes seconded
- Nomination for Secretary: Ryan Globus nominated Ali Sapirman, second by Allie Hughes. Mustafa Arshad nominated Brenda Zendejas (Brenda Declined).
- Angel moved to close nominations, Mustafa seconded (Angel made a friendly amendment to elect all candidates to SVYD board of directors, Mustafa accepted it)
- Motion to elect all candidates for SVYD Board by Angel, Mustafa seconded
- 20 ayes 0 nays 1 abstention
- Motion to approve amendments to bylaws by Justin, Mustafa seconded
- 14 ayes 0 nays 0 abstentions
- Consideration for early endorsements for Peter Ortiz for District 5 City Council
- Motion to early endorse Peter Ortiz for District 5 City council by Brenda Zendejas, Rohin Ghosh seconded
- Ayes 16 0 nays 2 abstentions
- Motion to suspend bylaws suspended by Brenda Zendejas, Rohin seconded
- 12 ayes 3 nays 1 abstention
- Motion to endorse Aisha for state senate by Rohin, Brenda Zendejas seconded
- 16 ayes 0 no 0 Abstentions
Allie Hughes motions to adjourn at 9:10 PM.