With a major fundraising deadline approaching March 31st, we have an opportunity to help bring real change to the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s office, with our endorsed candidate Sajid Khan.
As a public defender, Sajid Khan has seen the ways our criminal justice system criminalizes poverty and mental health issues, creating a cycle of hurt in our communities. Sajid is running a grassroots campaign to challenge a very powerful incumbent, and he needs our support. When elected, Sajid will be the first Muslim – and first person of color to hold the seat in the 171 year history of the office.
Please contribute if you haven’t already with the link below:
If you cannot donate, there is an opportunity this Sunday, April 3, to canvass for Sajid, as well as a meet and greet with Rebeca Armendariz and Zach Hilton of the Gilroy City Council.
February 28, 2022 General Membership Meeting Minutes
Allie Hughes calls the meeting to order at 7:05pm.
January minutes passed unanimously.
- President Alexander Gvatua
- Stand in solidarity with Ukraine
- Will be resigning next month
- Vice President Allie Hughes
- Political Director Mustafa Arshad
- Saturday event campaign rally & canvas for Sajid Khan
- Housing roundtable March 1 with many elected officials
- Finance Director Ryan Globus
- Looking for assistant treasurer to open PAC with FPPC
- Membership Director Christophe Labelle
- Communications Director Ali Sapirman
- Santa Clara County Board of Supes D1 Endorsement
- Ali Sapirman moves to sole endorse Claudia Rossi, seconded by Justin Lardinois. 11 yes, 1 no, 3 abstain. Motion passes.
- Early endorsement of Alex Lee for Assembly AD-24
- Ali Sapirman moves to early endorse Alex Lee, seconded by Jason Park. 15 yes, 0 no, 0 abstain. Motion passes.
- Christophe: CA Young Dems Convention this weekend
- Andrew Crockett: new campaign manager
- Jason Park: National Young Dems convention in Boise, ID.
- Justin Lardinois: Walk events every weekend: https://bit.ly/walkwithjustin
- Brandon Weaver: Senator Cortese’s office is hiring
Allie adjourns the meeting at 8:42pm.