- Welcome and Introductions
- Speaker: Representative from ACLU – Board Member Michael Chase
- Surveillance technology in local government
- President (Alex Wara)
- Membership Director (Emily Ramos)
- Women’s Leadership Committee Report
- Secretary (Juan M. Quinones
- Treasurer (Joshua Barousse)
- Political Director (Jeff Cardenas)
*We will have SVYD Invasion dates
- SVYD Voter Engagement Committee
- Old Business
- New Business
Silicon Valley Young Democrats January Minutes Meeting
A meeting of the Silicon Valley Young Democrats was called to order on January 23rd, 2015. President Alex Wara called the meeting to order at 7:15pm.
Approval of the agenda: Motion by Kieran Kelly was made and motion was seconded to approve the agenda.
II. Officers Reports
A. President (Alex Wara)
• Updated club on Chartering
B. Vice President of Membership (Emily Ramos)
• Membership is doing great if you have not paid your membership please pay today.
I. Women’s Leadership Committee Report
C. Secretary (Juan M. Quinones)
• Please let me know if you have pictures of folks who volunteered on campaigns this past election, so I can put them on our web page.
• Also, if you have any new job announcements please let me know, so I can post them on our web page. Thank you.
D. Treasurer (Joshua Barousse)
Nothing to report.
E. Political Director (Jeff Cardenas)
• Updated Club on San Jose District Council Seat 4 special election and the clubs endorsement process.
A. Holiday Party
Joshua Barousse reported on funds raised from December Holiday Party
VI. New Business
A. D4 Council Race (Endorsement Committee, interviews, etc)
• Allen Chiu asked for club to consider endorsing him.
• Joshua Barousse made a motion to endorse Allen Chiu the motion was seconded but failed.
Meeting adjourned at 9pm