Erik Poicon calls the meeting to order at 7:06pm.
Ryan Globus moves to approve the May minutes, seconded by Alexander Gvatua. Passes unanimously.
- Membership Dir Christophe
- Survey for meetings: 4th Monday of the month. Strong interest in hybrid format
- New SVYD year starts July 1
- Finance Dir Ryan
- Social in July
- PD Mustafa
- June 2022 Election Results
- VP Erik
- Pay dues ASAP for voting rights (and 2 meetings/events)
- Pres Allie Hughes
- Call to action to support women getting healthcare. Donate to Planned Parenthood Mar Monte. Allie will match up to $250.
- Raised $940 PLUS Allie’s match -> $1,190 (as of 7:25pm)
- Plus 250 @7:29 (total $1,440)
- D1 Supervisor
- Motion to endorse Sylvia Arenas by Mustafa, seconded by Alexander. Motion passes 14-0.
- San Jose City Council D7
- Motion to endorse Maya Esparza, seconded by Allie. Motion passes 12-0.
- Mountain View City Council
- Motion to endorse Lucas Ramirez and Ellen Kamei by Patrick Ahrens, seconded by Angel Martinez. Motion passes 12-0.
- Sunnyvale City Council D3
- Motion to endorse Justin Wang by Daniel Huynh, seconded by Mustafa. Motion passes 14-0.
- San Jose Mayor
- Motion to endorse Cindy Chavez by Lucas Ramirez, seconded by Erik Anciaux. Motion passes 11-1.
- Board Elections
- Motion to suspend bylaws by Lucas Ramirez, seconded by Mustafa. Motion passes 11-0.
- Motion to move election to July by Allie Hughes, seconded by Lucas Ramirez. Motion passes 11-0.
- Jobs at SVLG: https://svlg.bamboohr.com/jobs/
- Donate to Planned Parenthood Mar Monte: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-mar-monte/donate-locally
Erik adjourns the meeting at 9:23pm.
- Call to order
- Approval of May Minutes
- Officer Reports
- President Allie Hughes
- Vice President Erik Poicon
- Membership Director
- Meeting Time/Place Survey
- Finance Director Ryan Globus
- July Social
- Political Director Mustafa Arshad
- June 2022 Election Update
- Communications Director Ali Sapirman
- New Business
- Endorsement: Santa Clara County Supervisor District 1
- Endorsement: San José City Council District 7
- Endorsement: San José Mayor
- Item to be heard at 8pm
- Endorsement: Mountain View City Council
- Endorsement: Sunnyvale City Council District 3
- Board Elections for SVYD 2022-23 Year