Part-time staff to join our Civic Engagement Team
Working Partnerships USA in San Jose, CA
Do you dream of a better California, where everyone has a voice and opportunities to succeed?
We do, too!
Join our Civic Engagement team and be a part of making history. Budget cuts in education, public safety, and social services in California have affected our families and our friends and we want to talk to San Jose residents about solutions that will really work for us. We are looking for highly motivated, independent, and responsible people to join us in reaching out to new and occasional voters on important local and statewide issues that can help fix our budget crisis.
As part of the Civic Engagement team, you will:
- Be trained on effective outreach strategies and communication practices for voter engagement
- Build public support for important reforms through phone and/or face-to-face conversations with registered voters.
- Recruit activists to join us in local campaigns
- Be part of a skilled group of people committed to improving our community
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Outreach/canvass experience OR willingness to learn new skills quickly
- Desire to make a real change in everyday people’s lives and revitalize the California Dream
- Strongly prefer bilingual Spanish/English and Vietnamese/English
About us: Working Partnerships USA is a non-profit, public policy institute that works with community, labor and faith groups to improve the lives of working families in Silicon Valley. We are part of California Calls, an independent, non-partisan network of 27 community-based organizations active across the state. California Calls represents tens of thousands of every day people committed to making our state great again.
Outreach staff will be paid $15/hour. This is a part time job opportunity, for 25 hours/week starting from May 13th through June 1st. Working Partnerships is committed to working with and developing our best staff to take on more responsibilities. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women and people of color to apply.
To apply, please email your resume to Esha Menon at firstname.lastname@example.org.