I. Welcome and Introductions
II. Candidate Introductions
III. Guest Speaker on Parliamentary Procedure: Bill James
IV. Officers Reports
A. President (Alex Wara)
B. Vice President of Membership (Emily Ramos)
I. Women’s Leadership Committee Report
C. Secretary (Juan M. Quinones)
D. Treasurer (Joshua Barousse)
E. Political Director (Jeff Cardenas)
V. Old Business
A. Voter Registration Update
VI. New Business
The Grant Writer will work with the Northern California Regional Coordinator and Development Manager to implement Building Skills Partnership’s (BSP) fundraising strategy statewide. BSP’s annual operating budget exceeds $1.7 million; approximately 30% of the budget is both restricted and unrestricted grants. The Grant Writer’s primary responsibility will be to assist in meeting fundraising goals (doubling income and diversifying supporters).
View full job posting (download PDF)
Local campaign is seeking hourly paid canvassers to join the campaign for its fall canvass program. This is a great position for aspiring politicos to learn about Direct Voter Contact.
Paid canvassers will work a minimum of 20 hours a week. Paid Canvassers play a critical role in ensuring we reach targeted voters in the District this November, as they will hold meaningful conversations with voters about issues within the district.
- Door to Door Canvassing
- Meeting daily canvassing goals
- Going door-to-door Identifying and persuading voters on behalf of the candidate.
- Recording results while placing a high expectation on accuracy of data
*Skills and Qualifications:*
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a team
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation a plus
- Sense of humor and outgoing personality
- Comfortable with speaking with voters door to door
- Strong interest in political campaigns and Democratic politics a plus
- Attention to detail
Hourly rate is DOE(reimbursement for mileage may apply)
*To apply*, please email a resume email@example.com with the subject line “*Paid Canvasser*.” The committee is an equal opportunity employer, and employs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic status or disability.