Silicon Valley Young Democrats 2022 Endorsements
Yes on Measure B (San José Mayor Election Year)
Last updated June 27, 2022.
June 27, 2022 SVYD General Membership Meeting Agenda
Meeting will be at 7pm Pacific on Zoom.
- Call to order
- Approval of May Minutes
- Officer Reports
- President Allie Hughes
- Vice President Erik Poicon
- Membership Director
- Meeting Time/Place Survey
- Finance Director Ryan Globus
- July Social
- Political Director Mustafa Arshad
- June 2022 Election Update
- Communications Director Ali Sapirman
- New Business
- Endorsement: Santa Clara County Supervisor District 1
- Endorsement: San José City Council District 7
- Endorsement: San José Mayor
- Item to be heard at 8pm
- Endorsement: Mountain View City Council
- Endorsement: Sunnyvale City Council District 3
- Board Elections for SVYD 2022-23 Year
Eric Poicon calls the meeting to order at 7:20pm.
Quorum reached at 7:24pm.
Mustafa moves to approve April minutes. Passes unanimously.
- Presentation of walking for endorsed candidates by Mustafa
- Resolution to Protect Access to Abortion Care
- Discussion about PPMM and ways to advocate for abortion
- Planned Parenthood Volunteer Communications: https://www.weareplannedparenthood.org/onlineactions/JIZSD2sEJEKtzX7TBArNqw2?_gl=1*uz81et*_gcl_aw*R0NMLjE2NDg0MTk0ODUuQ2p3S0NBandsb0NTQmhBZUVpd0EzaFZvX1VfWDJPVWpCYlljVTlZLXo0R3JJZV9aVnFrRU1PZmYtNFpjT285MF80RzI2M3NRdW1ZT1B4b0M4NWtRQXZEX0J3RQ..&_ga=2.57038189.677837538.1653346715-144679967.1643397681
- Planned Parenthood Volunteer Opportunities: https://www.weareplannedparenthood.org/onlineactions/JIZSD2sEJEKtzX7TBArNqw2?_gl=1*uz81et*_gcl_aw*R0NMLjE2NDg0MTk0ODUuQ2p3S0NBandsb0NTQmhBZUVpd0EzaFZvX1VfWDJPVWpCYlljVTlZLXo0R3JJZV9aVnFrRU1PZmYtNFpjT285MF80RzI2M3NRdW1ZT1B4b0M4NWtRQXZEX0J3RQ..&_ga=2.57038189.677837538.1653346715-144679967.1643397681
- Brigid Alliance: https://brigidalliance.org
- Discussion of surveys
- Fill out survey! https://tinyurl.com/SVYoungDemsSurvey
- Suspension of bylaws for the consideration of endorsement for Rosemary Kamei for San Jose District 1
- Motion to suspend bylaws to consider endorsing Rosemary Kamei by Lucas Ramirez, seconded by Kevin Ma. Motion passes 9-0-1 yes-no-abstain.
- Angel moves to endorse Rosemary Kamei for D1, seconded by Christophe. Motion passes 10-1.
Meeting adjourned at 8:16pm.
Eric Poicon calls the meeting to order at 7:05pm.
Allie Hughes moves to approve March 28 minutes, seconded by Angel Martinez. Approved unanimously.
- Membership Director Chrisophe LaBelle: SVYD year restarts July 1. Make sure contact info is update: https://svyd.org/join-us/membership/
- Finance Director Ryan Globus: Ballots drop soon – support our endorsed candidates
- Political Director (Christophe for Mustafa)
- April 30th Sajid Khan: Backesto park 10:30am
- May 7th Claudia Rossi walk location TBD
- May 12th phone bank Aisha Wahab + womens list
- May 14th Alex Lee Cataldi Park with APA Dems
- May 28th Aisha Wahab location TBD
- President Allie Hughes: Supe Susan Ellenberg sent new business item #3 about sexual harrasment at state capitol
- Assemblymember Alex Lee bills
- Presentation by Maria Montchal from Assemblymember Lee’s office about AB 2053 Social Housing Act
- Lucas Ramirez moves to endorse AB 2053, seconded by Angel Marinez. 11-0 motion passes.
- Rolando Bonilla resolution to resign from San Jose city council campaign
- Daniel Huynh moves to endorse the resolution, seconded by Allie Hughes. 9-0 motion passes.
- Letter Urging CA legislature to Address Sexual Harassment & Discrimination in State Capitol: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdws6aSBm2-fuUDVsLwN3TcWX5375_MawCS7ZXToA1KAespMQ/viewform?fbclid=IwAR3V5XAtfAGjB5e_-eXHUFIfusv7ZpEVpV7oHAauE88LOITSJQpIcksPchU
- Allie Hughes moves to endorse the letter, seconded by Christophe LaBelle. 12-0 motion passes.
- Future general membership meeting date
- Eric Anciaux moves to continue at the next meeting after Board can poll membership, seconded by Ryan Globus. 10-0 motion passes.
- Christophe: SVLG event Wednesday morning https://www.svlg.org/events/buildingforward/
- Lucas Ramirez: Eric did great job running meeting
- Eric Poicon: Peter Ortiz walk at 10am on Saturday
- Angel Martinez: Raul Peralez phone bank Friday April 29 5-6pm. Campaign office open house Saturday April 30.
- Alexander Gvatua: Second Lucas’s announcement. Rob Moore campaign kickoff Saturday afternoon for Los Gatos Town Council.
- Daniel Cao: Rosemary Kamei is seeking volunteers for D1 election.
Eric Poicon adjourned meeting at 7:47pm.