OpenGov is a fast-growing venture-backed software company building a web platform for government budget and management reporting.
- Our mission is to give executives, staff and citizens game-changing new access to important public budget and financial data.
- Our entrepreneurial team is driven by the belief that we are creating software that will transform the public decision-making process in ways that improve all our lives
To thrive in this role, you’ll need deep professional knowledge of local government or school finance, work independently, communicate well, stay organized under pressure, have an accountant’s eye for detail, and the ability to adapt to an ever-changing information and environment.
The Government Accounting Analyst will work directly with customers to help them interpret and format their charts of accounts, general ledger and transaction data for upload to our platform.
The Analyst has a critical role in welcoming new customers to OpenGov, and preparing their first data sets for upload. Customers rely on the Analyst’s detailed knowledge of government accounting concepts and practices, specific terminology, and reporting norms.
The Analyst maintains relationships with existing customers to upload additional data sets on an annual, quarterly, or monthly basis, introduce new features and functionality, and enhance the value of the platform.
Minimum Skill Requirements
- Two years experience as Assistant Finance Director, Accounting Manager or Senior Analyst in a government or school system.
- Ability to provide clear and effective telephone support and build positive relationships with customers.
- Strong Excel skills, including using Functions/ Formulas to manipulate data such as vlookup , error-checking, and cross-footing techniques, developing properly formatted reports, and using Excel in budget, cost analysis, or forecasts. Pivot tables, macros, and visual basic are not required.
- B.A. in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Public Administration, or related field.
- Demonstrable skills in governmental accounting. Upper division course work or related professional training is a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter explaining your specific work experience. Demonstrate knowledge of governmental accounting, development of sophisticated Excel spreadsheets, and complex data analysis within letter or with attachments.
Team members receive significant equity stakes, competitive salaries, loads of benefits, customizable workstations, and the opportunity to take on immense and meaningful challenges as we bring transformative tools to the local government financial landscape.